Campus Crier

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

“I love the colors as I walk into the door to start my school day,” sophomore Devon Zymball said. “I like all the red that is with the tree, there isn’t too much of it,” Zymball said.

Savannah Alvis

Christmas: sang about and praised as the most wonderful time of the year. Visitors to BSHS can see the spirit in the air starting right at the front door. Receptionist Kerrie Mooneyham, who heads up decorating the main office, wanted to change up the tree decorations from years past.

“We wanted it to be more festive instead of last year where it was purple and gold,” Kerrie Mooneyham said.

Decorating and keeping spirits high isn’t a contractual obligation, it’s just something they did on their own time, and it was a team effort.

“We had four people help us on putting up the tree. Gary the janitor help put up the lights,” Mooneyham said.

In light of the stresses that come with this time of year, the office staff wanted to bring the Christmas spirit to BSHS.

“Finals are coming up and we feel that bringing the spirit of Christmas would help relax students,” Mooneyham said.

These efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. Students appreciate the ‘above and beyond’ measures.

Zymball also stated that it made him feel happy knowing that Christmas and Christmas break is right around the corner.

“I’m very stressed out about finals so when I started my morning off, seeing something that represents Christmas,” Zymball said.

Outside the main office tree, decorations are cropping up all over campus. In addition, the SADD hallway decorating contest kicks off next week. Don’t be a Grinch; get in on the Christmas spirit!