Campus Crier

Kicking into a New Season

by Kristian Frisbey

“The team has been getting better because we fight harder and compete harder in our games. We are better conditioned and have more motivation to work harder, which builds up the young upcoming players,” senior soccer captain Cullen Moore

After coming off a 2016 season that consisted of just one win, the boys soccer team looks to bounce back and improve this season.

Senior captain Cullen Moore says the team this season’s has improved compared to last years due to the effort levels of the players.

“The team has been getting better because we fight harder and compete harder in our games.” Moore said.

This past off-season the team had trainers from Boost come in and help prepare for this season by putting the team through drills and conditioning. According to Moore, this has showed a difference tremendously on the field based off performance and effort of the team.

“We are better conditioned and have more motivation to work harder, which builds up the young upcoming players.” Moore states.

Senior Tyler Sidebottom, who plans to play in college next fall but is undecided on where, has decided to take on his role as a senior leader to help up and coming players.

“I try to be the best player and role model on and off the field for the younger players,” Sidebottom said.

Although the team has improved, Sidebottom believes there is always room for growth moving forward for the better of the program.

“I believe the team and program can improve by continually giving 100 percent effort in practice and playing every game for each other like it is the last game we will play,” Sidebottom explained.

The next game is tonight, Sept. 14 at Grain Valley High School.